Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sound & video messed up=xp update/.net/directx?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 lakegrl

lakegrl

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 PM

Posted 21 May 2012 - 12:37 PM

My PC suddenly has failed to be able to play video (streaming or from hard drive) or audio (streaming or hard drive) without garbling/scratching/skipping/freezing, and then going to a blue screen of death.

I have identified the approximate day or so when this started and when I did the following:
the latest XP updates
the latest .NET framework update
downloaded a free video editing program called lightworks
silverlight update
possible directx update

I first tried to do a system restore to several dates prior to these events but each time it failed "unable to restore".

I un-installed lightworks
re-installed directx

I ran malwarebytes full scan and nothing was found.

Help?

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:41 AM

Posted 21 May 2012 - 04:51 PM

Hello and welcome -
Please Re-install Direct X Here <<==
Direct X is required to help you operate many games etc. There was no DirectX update that I knew of in the last updates -
There was a Silverlight and a .NET frame work update that caused minor concerns -

Thank You -
EDIT -

For the first time, you’ll be able to download the Free and Pro versions of Lightworks for Windows, which have been completely re-engineered to run on modern, multicore hardware. You’ll be able to use the same software that Hollywood editors use to craft films like The King’s Speech and Hugo.

Please note that the "Free" version of Lightworks for download was only a Beta (Untested) version and not a full Release version

Edited by noknojon, 21 May 2012 - 04:59 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users