Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CD Drive Undetected

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 wheat=believer

wheat=believer

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:23 AM

Posted 21 May 2012 - 11:52 AM

I was resolving a malware issue under the guidance of elise025. I was told to disable my CD DRIVE to resolve all of these issues. After cleaning my system and enabling my cd drive, I began to have problems with the drive. At first, the cds would load and play; then I began to hear a static sound on audio cds while they were playing. After that my cd drive was no longer detected by the computer. The drive does not appear under the device manager. None of this ever happened before is disabled my drive with that particular system that is recommended here on bleeping computer. I chatted with elise025 about it, and she suspects that it is a hardware issue. I have a HP Pavilion laptop and a MATbleepA drive.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 s1lents0ul

s1lents0ul

• Members
  • 544 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 AM

Posted 22 May 2012 - 01:26 AM

fix it here

try here, its for windows xp and vista, if you ave win 7 there is a link on that page for win 7 fix.
==]--s1lents0ul-->

#3 wheat=believer

wheat=believer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:23 AM

Posted 27 May 2012 - 11:49 PM

Sorry for taking so long to respond. I tried using Microsoft Fix it. It noticed that that the CD Drive was disabled, but could not repair it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users