Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google redirects and other things

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 adnrew

adnrew

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 PM

Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:34 AM

Hello.
I'm in the process of troubleshooting my girlfriends computer.
It is currently running Windows Vista Home Basic.
The Google redirects aren't consistent, but they occur in both Firefox 12 and IE 9.
I myself have not experienced this, I'm afraid. She will have it happen and then just restart the browser. Hasn't happened in a few days, though. Still, I'm not confident that it's fixed.

Also, on occasion, a new tab will open on its own. A site called "eminentsearchsystem"
I can close it and it will come back. Sometimes in 5 minutes. Sometimes in 3 days.

All I've done on this computer is run Malware Bytes a few times. Seems to get a few things every time, but there isn't any change.

There seems to be far too many tasks running. I've shut down and restarted just now and only opened Firefox. There are over 50 tasks running.
Some only for an instant with very long, nonsensical task names.

Thank you in advance for any help at all.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,299 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 PM

Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:58 AM

<<eminentsearchsystem>>

Based on what I see...I suggest that you follow Steps 6-10 at Preparation Guide, Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html , and initiate a topic in the malware forum linked to in the Prep Guide.

The folks in that forum will attempt to assist you :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users