Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lagging program

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Richard ken

Richard ken

• Members
  • 247 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 AM

Posted 20 May 2012 - 09:13 PM

Recently, I have been serious lagging whenever I am either playing games or watching movies and so I check the Window Task Manager and show how much are running. I notice there were some I don't need but I am not sure is there any others I can turn off so I can run my computer better. So is there any program from the picture I have uploaded that I can stop running unless I call the program otherwise or does anyone know a program that helps turn off these unneeded program when I use the internet? There is a before and after picture when I use the internet.
BEFORE: Posted Image AFTER: Posted Image

Edited by Richard ken, 20 May 2012 - 09:13 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 PM

Posted 21 May 2012 - 04:32 AM

What is your current computer specs./model and games being played? The CPU usage and constant spike is first determine when looking in the task manager.

Tekken

#3 Richard ken

Richard ken
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 247 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 AM

Posted 21 May 2012 - 11:32 AM

What is your current computer specs./model and games being played? The CPU usage and constant spike is first determine when looking in the task manager.

My laptop is a Compaq Presario C306US, Window XP Service Pack 3 with a Intel® Celeron® M CPU, 1.73GHz, 504 MB of RAM

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 PM

Posted 22 May 2012 - 02:05 AM

Your laptop or hardware specs stands at a low/midlow range performance most specially for playing any games(not mentioned). Your laptop's memory can be maximized to 2 gigs of RAM and you currently have 25 percent installed of the full capability. Be aware though of any games you played requires hardware/system requirements. You may also be experiencing internet connection problem from browsing, watching any flash movies online.

Tekken

#5 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 AM

Posted 22 May 2012 - 12:03 PM

Hi, As jhayz says........

Only 512Mb memory? (504 after video usage) which means it is using 8mb for video memory.

You can definitely speed it up by upgrading the memory to 1Gb or higher. The below listed website shows you can go up to 2Gb maximum. Which is what I would do if it were mine.

You should also be able to go to www.kingston.com, www.newegg.com or wwww.tigerdirect.com and buy the memory. Being sure it is compatible and is laptop type as well as being DDR2 PC2-5300.

http://www.crucial.com/upgrade/HP+-+Compaq-memory/Presario+C300+Series/Presario+C306US-upgrades.html

Your Presario C306US System Specs
System specs as shipped by the manufacturer.
Scan your system to view your specific system configuration.
Memory:DDR2 PC2-5300
Memory Type: DDR2 PC2-5300, DDR2 (non-ECC)
Maximum Memory: 2GB
Slots: 2
Each memory slot can hold DDR2 PC2-5300 with a maximum of 1GB per slot.*
*Not to exceed manufacturer supported memory.

I would at this point throw some money at it for memory as the amount you have has to be slowing it down once everything is up and running. More memory will also in this case make it start faster.

Good Luck
Roger

Edited by rotor123, 22 May 2012 - 12:06 PM.

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users