Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Goodbye

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_Xircal_*

Guest_Xircal_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 20 May 2012 - 01:35 AM

Well, it seems my "style of writing" as "Rigel" so quaintly put it to me last night has led to me to receive my "final warning".

But to my way of thinking the people acting as moderators on this forum are in the wrong job. Treating people like recalcitrant children is never going to work and only serves to put people's backs up. What you need for a job like this are individuals like Roger a.k.a. "rotor123" who know how to handle a situation with kid gloves rather than boxing gloves which most of the other moderators seem to favour. The slightest misdemeanor here and your post is either deleted forthwith, or you're served with some patronizing little private message to warn you of the consequences of 'stepping out of line'. But perhaps further up the food chain that's the kind of ringmasters they prefer to have running the circus.

After receiving my 'final warning' from "Rigel" last night, I told him to delete my account and be done with it since this whole episode seems very one-sided to me. But I note this morning that I'm still receiving emails, so presumably he (or she) didn't take the hint.

However, I cannot continue to contribute here under these conditions with somebody looking over my shoulder the whole time. That's definitely not my style.

So I wish you all a happy and eventful life.

Take care and have a nice day.

Xircal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• BC Advisor
  • 12,944 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2012 - 02:57 PM

Bleeping Computer exists as a forum to help members of all levels of knowledge. Our members come from many nationalities with a varying level of the knowledge of the English language. When a member seeks help, responses must display patience and respect. We pride ourselves in how we treat our members. When a member responds to a topic in a less than appropriate manner - yes - they will receive a note from a Moderator. Being argumentative or disrespectful does not help anyone and redirects the main focus of the topic - to assist the topic creator with his problem. And - yes - if you continue to step out of line, you will be banned.

For the record the rules state:
  • There will be no posts meant to offend or hurt any other member, in a manner which is offensive or inflammatory. This includes flaming or instigating arguments.
  • Posts may be deleted for any reasons the forum administrators deem reasonable.
Violation of any of these rules can lead to a banning of the user from our Web Site and a deletion of their account. The consequences will be determined by the Staff on a case by case basis.

When posting you agree that the administrators and the moderators of this forum has the right to modify, delete, edit or close any topic, signature, account, or profile data at any time that they see fit. If there are any questions about this topic, or the policies of Bleeping Computer, please feel free to contact any moderator.

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users