Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer takes too long to boot

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Devesh93

Devesh93

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 AM

Posted 19 May 2012 - 09:33 PM

I have a core 2 duo E6550 and a DG33FB motherboard computer with 3GB of ram and runs on Windows 7 Premium.

Sometimes when I start the computer, it takes very long to boot and when it does, the screen resolution goes to 1024x768 (real resolution is 1440x900).

I cannot change it to the right resolution because it doesn't appear in the list.

Once I restart it, it comes back to it's real resolution.
Please note that it does not always take very long to boot, only sometimes.

Is this a hardware problem that is slowly getting worse?
Please suggest what I should do about it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:01 PM

Posted 19 May 2012 - 10:05 PM

Do you logged in on different user accounts? But most likely its a hardware compatibility issue.

I cannot change it to the right resolution because it doesn't appear in the list.

The monitor and videocard model or specs. would determine the compatibility resolution matching video output capability. If the videocard(vice versa) supports the described resolution (1440 x 900) and the monitor (1024 x 768)do not, then the native resolution would be the one with lower graphic output.

Tekken

#3 Devesh93

Devesh93
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:35 PM

I'm beginning to think it's a problem with some fans. This problem occurs only when I boot the computer first time in a day.

Is there some problem that occurs when the computer is cold?

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,727 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:01 PM

Posted 23 May 2012 - 04:44 PM

Just as a wild guess...I would reinstall the chipset drivers...then uninstall/reinstall the video drivers.

Louis

#5 Devesh93

Devesh93
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2012 - 08:03 PM

New Developments. When I booted today, the problem ocurred.

I started Speccy and it showed a Generic non - PNP monitor instead of the real name(samsung something).

I have reinstalled the graphic drivers. Will reply if the problem persists or not.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users