Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Buttons won't work

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 abntrpr

abntrpr

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 PM

Posted 19 May 2012 - 02:30 PM

On Firefox and Firefox only, when I go to any webpage, I cannot use any button above the address bar, such as sign in, log off, search, etc, everything below the bar works normally. For example at the top of this page, I cannot use sign out, help or search. I can use IE and everything works normally.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:03 AM

Posted 19 May 2012 - 02:35 PM

Please state your operating system, and post a screenshot of what you mean.

#3 NpaMA

NpaMA

• Members
  • 635 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:03 PM

Posted 19 May 2012 - 03:36 PM

When you say "Above the address bar", what exactly are you referring to? On the default FireFox setup, your address bar should only have 2 things above it: tabs, and buttons to open the menu (left side) and close/minimize/maximize. All of the page's content (in your case, sign out, help, buttons at the top) should be BELOW the address bar.

Do you get the same problem when running Firefox in safe mode?

Edited by NpaMA, 19 May 2012 - 03:38 PM.

#4 abntrpr

abntrpr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2012 - 06:26 PM

My OS is windows 95, I don't know how to post a screen shot but look at the top of this page where it says "Bleeping abntrpr
Computer.com sign out help
from a bleeping computer to a bleeping computer
Nothing above the last line will work, I could not even sign in and had to find another way
Every button below this works. It is not just on this site but every site, I always have to find an alternate way of getting inside where I can then find some way to sign in.

When I run on IE everything works normally Maybe title bar would be a better description than address bar

#5 abntrpr

abntrpr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2012 - 06:30 PM

I have trouble getting onto Bleeping computer because I always have to find an alternate way to log in if you want to contact me direct on this, my email address is;
Mod Edit: removed to protect from spambot harvests.

thanks
abntrpr

Edited by boopme, 21 May 2012 - 07:32 PM.

#6 NpaMA

NpaMA

• Members
  • 635 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:03 PM

Posted 20 May 2012 - 03:22 PM

This problem is most likely due to using Windows 95 - a very outdated and vulnerable operating system. I'm actually surprised FireFox runs on it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users