Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internal Hard drive is not happy inside case

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 B10hazardous

B10hazardous

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:21 PM

Posted 19 May 2012 - 01:35 AM

Hey guys, having a hard drive issue. In a previous rig, I had 2 Hard drives, a Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 320GB Drive, and a 1.5TB drive. I switched graphics card, and then a new PSU to support it. With this new PSU, the second hard drive wouldn't work. I would turn on the computer, and it would post, both drives would show up in BIOS no problem. I bought a thermaltake blackx base to sit the 1.5TB drive in, plugged it in the eSATA port, and everything worked just dandy. However, that base failed a few days ago. I bought a new PSU, Thermaltake 750w, but the same problem. I tried putting both hard drives on a single cable, seperate cables, molex to SATA power converter, but no matter how i configure it, even w/ slave/Master sata plugs, I cannot get the computer to boot with both drives plugged in. I ran the Seagate diagnostic on both drives, [had to do it seperately, with one unplugged, followed by the second.] Both passed with flying colors. [Long Test]. When both drives were plugged in, it detected both, but could not run tests on the DATA drive, saying it was not responding to commands. Ideas?
Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 AM

Posted 19 May 2012 - 11:16 PM

What motherboard and do you have a current bootable OS before attaching the second drive?

Tekken

#3 B10hazardous

B10hazardous
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:21 PM

Posted 20 May 2012 - 01:24 AM

Gigabyte ud4p and yes windows 7 x64

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users