Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.
I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic
it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps.
Please download and run this DDS Scanning Tool. Nothing will be deleted. It will just give me some additional information about your system.
- Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.
- Double click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.
- A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.
- Notepad will open with the results.
- Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.
Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run.
Please just paste
the contents of the DDS.txt
log in your next post. DO NOT attach the log.
Third party programs if not up to date can be an open door for an infection
Please run this security check for my review.
Download Security Check
by screen317 from here
- Save it to your Desktop.
- Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
- A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.
Please post the logs for my review.
What program do you use to backup your files.
Check the setting on how and when you save a System Restore.
Refer to this article.
How to Create a System Restore Point in Windows 7http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/697-system-restore-point-create.html
Do not create a new restore point.
5. Check to make sure that you have System Protection turned on for a listed disk that you want to create a restore point for, then select it. (See screenshot below step 6)
6. Click on the Create button. (See screenshot below)
In the image (item 6) click the configure button.
Just check the amount of space (%) being used by this function.