Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Anyone Know If Dungeons And Dragons Online Is In Public Beta Or Will Be?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,592 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 AM

Posted 27 February 2006 - 01:17 PM

Title says it all, but curious to know if D&D online is in public beta or if you heard it will be at some point.

Anyone playing it? Liking it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 -David-

-David-

• Members
  • 10,603 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:06 AM

Posted 27 February 2006 - 01:38 PM

Aha! - this should help:

The arrival of the year's most highly-anticipated massively multiplayer game is less than two months away! Dungeons & Dragons™ Online: Stormreach™ will launch in North America on Tuesday, February 28th, 2006. European gaming enthusiasts also don't have much longer to wait. Dungeons & Dragons™ Online: Stormreach™ will release in the UK, France and Germany in March 2006.

Developed by Turbine and published by Atari, Dungeons & Dragons™ Online: Stormreach™ is the first and only massively multiplayer online roleplaying game based on the world-renowned Dungeons & Dragons™ brand franchise from Wizards of the Coast.

David

#3 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Topic Starter

• Admin
  • 43,592 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2006 - 01:47 PM

Guess not public beta...anyone try this game?

#4 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 AM

Posted 27 February 2006 - 01:57 PM

:thumbsup:

http://www.turbinegames.com/

DUNGEONS & DRAGONS ONLINETM: STORMREACHTM NOW IN BETA!
Turbine is pleased to announce that DUNGEONS & DRAGONS ONLINE: Stormreach has officially entered public beta, exclusively hosted by IGN Entertainment. More than 150,000 players have signed up to date, with more joining every day. Visit visit DDO.com for more information or to join the beta.

Posted Image

#5 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 AM

Posted 27 February 2006 - 05:31 PM

Dungeons and Dragons online? Wow... and I thought I've seen almost ever kind of board game online. :thumbsup:

I never really liked D&D or any game such like that... too much involvement.

Found this on the forums: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/43853/ddo-dungeons-dragons-online/

Edited by yano, 27 February 2006 - 05:34 PM.

#6 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 PM

Posted 28 February 2006 - 02:53 PM

The European open beta ended last week, with a "killing" end event. :thumbsup:

Its way better than WOW, although I don't know how hardcore PnP D&D fans would like it. It's more of a action game than a slow, think-through-every-action kind of game. It still got a delicious D&D feel to it, so that I found myself digging up the Players Handbook to check details.

EDIT: Since the NDA is lifted I thought that I could share a screenshot. This is the best I have (Its from a run up walls bug report):
Posted Image

Edited by Mr Alpha, 28 February 2006 - 03:01 PM.

"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

#7 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Topic Starter

• Admin
  • 43,592 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2006 - 04:33 PM

Is that a town? So whats the premise...you are in the city of storm reach and there are dungeons inside it and outside the walls?

Can you interact with the environment at all?

#8 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 PM

Posted 01 March 2006 - 05:25 AM

Is that a town? So whats the premise...you are in the city of storm reach and there are dungeons inside it and outside the walls?

Yeah that's Stormreach, in the harbour area in fact (a level 1-2 area).
I'm standing atop a gatehouse where your not supposed to be able to go locking down on the Appretice Square where you find all the trainers. All quests and all monsters are in instances, which you can enter after getting the quest by talking to the right npc, which you can find in and around Stormreach. The harbour instaces are mostly sewer instaces dealing with kobolds that are infesting the harbour. Oh, and Turbine loves sewers, dungeons and basements as instaces.
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users