Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

place run back on start menu

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Tierra93

Tierra93

• Members
  • 170 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:41 PM

Posted 18 May 2012 - 06:46 PM

I just got a new hard drive and mistakenly left clicked instead of right clicked on run and placed on the desktop as a short cut but can't get it back on the start menu.

I've done:
taskbar and start menu properties >start menu > customize and used default settings >ok > apply > ok

Didn't work

I did taskbar and start menu > cuustomize > checked the run command > ok > apply > ok

and didn't work.

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 PM

Posted 18 May 2012 - 08:23 PM

Hi -
Normally if you Right click on a desktop "Short cut" you will have the option to Delete it.

Thank You -

#3 lhamil64

lhamil64

• Members
  • 200 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:41 AM

Posted 18 May 2012 - 09:08 PM

Do you have anything else on on the right side of the start menu that you don't need? There might be too many items for the Run item to be visible, so try unchecking some of the items and see if the Run item comes up.

#4 Tierra93

Tierra93
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 170 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:41 PM

Posted 19 May 2012 - 01:01 PM

I just want to replace it under accessories where it was. There's nothing on that hard drive but windows 7 hp and office, as my anti-viral download page is undergoing problems so I can't use that computer to load any programs yet - so not much on the start menu at all.

#5 JColt

JColt

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:41 PM

Posted 20 May 2012 - 08:12 AM

Go to C:\Windows\System32 folder

find cmd

Right click/ copy

open accessories and paste

Edited by JColt, 20 May 2012 - 08:20 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users