Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Repaired Spyware Removal Now It Won't Boot Up

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dg55117

dg55117

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 PM

Posted 27 February 2006 - 11:44 AM

I thought I'd ask this here. Someone from the Hijack logfiles helped me remove my spyware issue. I also posted this problem with him as well. I hope someone knows what is happening. However when I went to reboot it to do a few last things a black screen appeared with a 20 or so second time out clock- This is what the screen said-

We apologize for the inconvenience but Windows did not start successfully. A recent hardware or software change may have caused this error...." Check to make sure that any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any Windows you may need.

If your computer stopped responding or automatically shut down to protect files and folders- choose last known good configuration to reatart to the most recent settings that worked.

Safe mode
safe mode networking
safe mode command prompt
last known good configuration
start manually

Use arrow keys to move the highlighted selection to the one you choose.
20 sec. count down clock here
After this times out- no matter if I do anything or no matter which mode I select it goes to a blue screen
with the following:

A problem has been detected and Windows has shut down to protect your computer.
"Registery error"

Disable BIOS such as caching or shadowing. If you need safe mode to restart or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select adv start up then select safe mode

Technical info:
stop 0x00000051 0x0000000 - 0x00000003 0x00000000 0xE1490000

That is the best I could copy-
Then it does nothing
Does anyone have any ideas??
Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dg55117

dg55117
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 97 posts