Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista network issue

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 duffsparky

duffsparky

• Members
  • 267 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:00 PM

Posted 18 May 2012 - 05:30 AM

I'm trying to get an Elsa Airlancer USB11 working on an Acer Aspire 5920 laptop running Vista Home Premiun Service Pack 2, so far i've been unsuccessful.

After installing the drivers the laptop would initially crash (blue screen) immediately after connecting the (USB) cable of the Airlancer. After a lot of try and retry I had an additional problem in that no USB device would be recognised or work and the Airlancer was shown as being connected (ie not greyed out in Device Manager) even though it was unplugged. I was unable to disable or uninstall the device or any of the USB controllers or hubs. Today, however, it has not crashed but there is an exclaimation mark shown next to the device in Device Manager. The driver status says "This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)" The driver installed is Agere Systems version 7.82.0.550 dated 22/09/2003; other USB devices appear to be working properly again.

Device manager also shows 4 duplicate instances of Microsoft ISATAP adapter all with the same reference of isatap.{2F5C15FF-5DB4-4C57-ADEF-4F86D97040CE}. There are 2 other instances of the adapter, however, these have individual unique references.

Can anyone assist with this problem and also tell me if the duplicate instances of the ISATAP adapter are normal or if they indicate a problem?

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:00 AM

Posted 19 May 2012 - 01:19 AM

Have you tried removing by install/reinstall the specific or correct drivers? Some users with Vista OS seems to point similarly to your problem.

Tekken

#3 duffsparky

duffsparky
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 267 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:00 PM

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:32 PM

I gave up on this and used a different device and OS.

Thanks for your help, even though my thanks are a tad belated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users