Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojan:Win32/Sirefef.AG

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 eclark53

eclark53

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:01 PM

Posted 18 May 2012 - 05:18 AM

I have an infection, detected by Microsoft Security Essentials, of Trojan:Win32/Sirefef.AG and Trojan:Win32/Sirefef.I

I have bbeen unsuccessful in removing this infection. Can you help?

Estelle

PS this infection is supposed in this file: C:\WINDOWS\Installer\{c9895293-dd75-a99b-8995-cba2d2461db3}\U\80000000.@ But it cannot be found on my system.

@myrti in IRC told me to post this question in this forum.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 myrti

myrti

Sillyberry

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 33,779 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:01 AM

Posted 18 May 2012 - 10:30 AM

Hi eclark53,

please create a log with DDS (if you can) and post it here:
Please run a scan with DDS:
  • Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.
    DDS.scr
    DDS.pif
  • Double click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.
  • A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.
  • Notepad will open with the results, click no to the Optional_Scan
  • Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.
  • Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.

Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.

Information on A/V control HERE

Do you have a 32bit or a 64bit OS?

regards myrti

is that a bird?  a plane? nooo it's the flying blueberry!

If I have been helping you and haven't replied in 2 days, feel free to shoot me a PM! Please don't send help request via PM, unless I am already helping you. Use the forums!

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 myrti

myrti

Sillyberry

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 33,779 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:01 AM

Posted 19 May 2012 - 04:23 AM

Since you have started a second log here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic454131.html/page__p__2703964__fromsearch__1#entry2703964

I will go ahead and close this one.

is that a bird?  a plane? nooo it's the flying blueberry!

If I have been helping you and haven't replied in 2 days, feel free to shoot me a PM! Please don't send help request via PM, unless I am already helping you. Use the forums!

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users