Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I am so grateful to Bleeping Computer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bigisle

bigisle

• Members
  • 0 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:24 AM

Posted 18 May 2012 - 03:32 AM

I would like to say a BIG THANK YOU to this site for posting the Combo Fix program! I was able to fix the terrible google redirect virus
that was on two of my lap top computers! It is a really BAD virus and had even affected my XP OS. I first used Temp File Cleaner, Then Goored Fix and thirdly was told to use the Combo Fix in that order. This after trying other fixes that did not work.
And low and behold it did work! My husbands laptop which is the same as mine a Dell Inspiron 6000 also had it. He was lucky enough to get our one
free help from Nortons Tech Dept. It took them 4 tries and the 4th try was a 4 hr job to get rid of it. It took me 3 days of research and I ended up
at Bleeping Computers.com and I am SO HAPPY I DID!!! Thank you VERY VERY MUCH! Antoinette Jackson :thumbup2: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:24 AM

Posted 23 May 2012 - 05:00 PM

Hello and :welcome: to Bleeping Computer.

Please be careful using Combofix, have a read of this.

Be sure to check out the New User Orientation and the excellent Tutorials.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users