Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

non boot

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 redact

redact

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:35 AM

Posted 18 May 2012 - 01:43 AM

Hi I am hoping you can help me.I have just put together a system for a friend which comprises of a gigabyte H55M-S2h motherboard 8gig of corsair memory(1333) and a core i3 530 and an his graphics card.The system will not go into the bios set up and bleeps for a few seconds runs for a while and then shuts down and then repeats this sequence over and over.I have tried pressing f2 to set up the bios but can get nowhere and no information is displayed on screen.I have tried changing the card into another machine and it works no problem,so why can't I access the bios any help would be very gratefully received thanks ;Dave.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:35 PM

Posted 19 May 2012 - 11:21 PM

The beep codes would help determine the possible cause of not being able go on BIOS. The manufacturing site most likely will give the corresponding documentation. It would also be best to start powering up the PC with bare essentials like a stick of RAM and onboard graphics if available. You could also test the mobo with only a PSU do determine the random restart problem.

Edited by jhayz, 19 May 2012 - 11:22 PM.

Tekken

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,876 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:35 AM

Posted 21 May 2012 - 11:14 AM

http://www.manualowl.com/m/Gigabyte/GA-H55M-S2H/Manual/207462?page=84 , see Page 84 for beep codes.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users