Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista or Malware attacking admin accounts?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Paul21

Paul21

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:10 AM

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:51 PM

Hello to all the computer techs out there! I've been having a recent problem where all my administrator accounts in Vista 64 bit have been automatically converted to standard user accounts. Does anyone know if there is some kind of malware that does this or is it a problem with Microsoft Vista? I've asked several computer experts and even received some advice on Yahoo. I've tried typing in the command net user administrator/active yes (with no spaces) and access was still denied. In the start prompt, I typed in control userpasswords2 and changed the settings to administrator and it still converted back to standard user. I've also tried booting in safe mode and I was able to use certain programs like Spy bot and AVG to remove certain spyware and viruses in this mode but when I switch back to regular mode under MSCONFIG, my user accounts are still set back to standard user. I've also tried setting up a new account as an administrator but it also converted to standard user. Does anyone know what's going on? I've contacted Microsoft and they say it's malware but many of the computer geek sites are saying that it's Microsoft. Any suggestions?

Edited by hamluis, 18 May 2012 - 07:01 AM.
Moved from Vista to Am i Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users