Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

alternative like Excel (spreadsheet) but portable

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 cafejose

cafejose

• Members
  • 966 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 PM

Posted 17 May 2012 - 12:17 PM

Just as the title and description, I wish I could find some alternative spreadsheet program like Excel, but portable. I already tried Gnumeric and I do not like it; in fact the formulas feature did not work properly, but the cheapy spreadsheet program that comes with MS Works does work right. Hopefully there is some alternative with more and better features than the one in MS Works and is portable, too.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,847 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2012 - 12:54 PM

Google docs? Or do you have an aversion to cloud based apps? LibreOffice portable has a spread sheet app.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 abauw

abauw

• Members
  • 951 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:13 AM

Posted 20 May 2012 - 06:43 PM

Why dont you make your Excel to Portable Excel :whistle:

:guitar: Take me to a place where time is frozen
You don't have to close your eyes to dream :busy:
You can find escape inside this moment :smash:
And I will follow  :whistle:

#4 cafejose

cafejose
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 966 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2012 - 11:57 PM

abauw,

I do not have Excel and I do not know how to turn something like it into a portable version. Along with my not having Excel, I do not have any copy of Microsoft Office installed and registered, and because of its very high price, I will not accept MS Office (unless I find a source at a much, much lower price).

#5 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2012 - 04:25 AM

What about OpenOffice? They have a spreadsheet utility in their suite and it's FREE.
ReviverSoft - Happy to help!

#6 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,847 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2012 - 03:42 PM

Both Open Office and Libre Office have portable versions. Libre Office is made and developed by many of the same developers who created Open Office. But they disagreed with the direction that Oracle wanted to take it when they acquired the organization. So they created Libre Office to sustain the same spirit of opensource office applications.

They can both be found here: http://portableapps.com/apps

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users