Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Uploading stalls

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Synbios16

Synbios16

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 AM

Posted 17 May 2012 - 08:59 AM

Lately, whenever I try to upload something, the upload stops/stalls/hangs at 83%.

I tried to attach a 2.8 MB document to an email in Hotmail 2 nights ago, stopped at 83% three times. (A Microsoft site)

I tried to upload a photo to Flickr (less than a meg), ON A DIFFERENT COMPUTER, stopped at 83% twice. (A Yahoo site)

I try to upload videos to my youtube channel (over 600MB) and it stopped at 83%, even left it sitting over night. (A Google site)

What is causing this? Why is it happening across three different machines? How can I resolve this? Both of my Youtube viewers are waiting! (lol)

One of the computers is running 64bit Windows 7, the other two are running 32bit Windows XP.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:06 AM

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:19 AM

Can you perform some speedtests via http://www.speedtest.net and post the results?

#3 Synbios16

Synbios16
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:02 AM

http://imgur.com/iuaIm

Screenshot. This is not completely accurate. Right now, I'm at work, running through an SSH tunnel to a laptop I'm using at home as a makeshift server. I think even though I'm technically "using the same internet", the same test run at home would be much different.

The upload failures happened at home, too. Not here at work through this weird connection set-up I have.

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:07 AM

Please do the tests at home on the network causing the issue.

Also do not edit any of your pictures, we need that information to research the ISP.

Edited by cryptodan, 17 May 2012 - 10:07 AM.

#5 Synbios16

Synbios16
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:37 AM

It's the same network, there's just an extra step so to speak...

You want me to just put my IP address in a public forum? Isn't that a bad idea?

#6 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:41 AM

Its not the same network, because you are tunneling and the tunnel uses a lot more overhead, and no its not a bad idea not for troubleshooting anyways.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users