Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Overheating Issues

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Andrew456

Andrew456

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 AM

Posted 17 May 2012 - 04:27 AM

Right so recently my GPU has been overheating and causing serious issues. My friend here has been suggesting it may have to do with voltages and the motherboard. I really have no idea what the issue is but it seems to be a good starting point. Was running a Nvidia 8800 GTS but i fried that in this system. Currently 8600 GT. Motherboard is an MSI, MS-7592 v5.2.

Edited by hamluis, 18 May 2012 - 04:25 PM.
Moved from System Building to internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 s1lents0ul

s1lents0ul

• Members
  • 544 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:44 PM

Usually the motherboard doesnt make your GPU overheat. Normally GPU's and motherboards have a compatibility issue. The only reason the motherboard would be sending out too much voltage is if you messed with the BIOS or tried to overclock your GPU. Have you tried this? Seeing as your video card is obviously working with your motherboard, lets look at other points of interest.

When was the last time you cleaned out your case of dust?

Does the fan for the GPU have dust in it?

The power supply could be failing. There are tutorials in this website for checking your PSU. I will look for them an post a link here if I find it.
==]--s1lents0ul-->

#3 Andrew456

Andrew456
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2012 - 02:48 AM

Hi, this is the friend (I let him use my account). Basically the reason why I thought it might be the voltages is because I have seen some companies actually set the standard voltages too high. I myself have this problem with my Asus G60JX Laptop. It overheats for many reasons with the voltages being the main cause. Anyways I figured since my friends computer is a compaq (I don't trust them to build a thing correctly...) I figured it might have happened as well. Anyways I will look into the psu guides. That's a much easier fix I think then a mobo/gpu conflict (since you can just buy a new psu for like 40 dollars). I'll update the thread when I find out more.

But thanks so much for your help!

#4 s1lents0ul

s1lents0ul

• Members
  • 544 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2012 - 07:12 PM

Your welcome. Hope it helps.
==]--s1lents0ul-->

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users