Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ran Combofix cannot load win7

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 edhuddl

edhuddl

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:25 PM

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:32 PM

I posted on the Logs forum . not sure if that was the right one.
I ran Malewarebytes in safe mode,which found 18 viruses and trojans.Normal mode found 6. Another scan found 0. tds killer found 1 backdoor trojan. I ran ESTD and found 5 more virus and trojan. I ran Combofix. The files deleted tells me I have a zero access root kit. I tried to create a restore point but registry key is marked for deleation. I restarted and I cannot boot into windows 7 home ultimate 64 bit. I restored the system to before combofix. Fire wall will not come on before combofix but will after combofix. Please help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 edhuddl

edhuddl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:25 PM

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:24 PM

I disabled auto restart on system failure and found I am missing %HS.

#3 CatByte

CatByte

bleepin' tiger

• Malware Response Team
  • 14,664 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:25 PM

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:50 PM

replied to your thread in the malware removal forum
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic453881.html/page__view__findpost__p__2701311

this topic in AII can be closed

Edited by CatByte, 16 May 2012 - 06:51 PM.

Microsoft MVP - 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:25 PM

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:35 PM

Now that your log is properly posted, you should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a Malware Removal Team member, nor should you continue to ask for help elsewhere. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show it the log you already posted. Further, any modifications you make on your own may cause confusion for the helper assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.

From this point on the Malware Removal Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.

To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users