Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable to resize my Windows 7 partition

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Tom1989

Tom1989

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:01 AM

Posted 16 May 2012 - 02:34 PM

Hello everyone!

I'm using a Thinkpad T420s, dual booting Windows 7 and Fedora 16. However, prior to me installing F16, I used Disk management to shrink the Windows partition. Well...it turns out I shrunk it *way* too small and I'm barely able to use it. Under Disk Management, even if I create unallocated space, it still will not let me re-size my windows partition. I think this is because the partitions are in the wrong order...but I don't know what to do about it.

Disk management shows four partitions as follows from left to right:

| SYSTEM_DRV (1.46 GB, Primary) | Windows7_OS (67.47 GB, Primary, Boot) | (500 MB, Primary) | (76.63 GB, Primary) <--Fedora 16 |

No matter what I do, I cannot click "Extend Volume" on my Windows 7 partition. I would experiment and use certain bootable partition tools, but I'm afraid I'm going to mess with GRUB and I won't be able to boot either one of my OS's...I don't exactly know what I'm doing in this regard so I really want to be careful, so I'm asking for someone's expertise.

Thank you very much for your time and consideration :)

Nevermind, solved. Please delete this thread.

Edited by Tom1989, 16 May 2012 - 04:49 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,404 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:01 AM

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:46 PM

Glad you resolved it, happy computing :).

The topic may assist someone in a similar situation.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users