Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Xp Homeonly Starts In Safe Mode

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 stupidpc

stupidpc

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:08 AM

Posted 27 February 2006 - 12:36 AM

I posted a messge last week about my computer only staring in safe made, you asked that I get a list of the errors in the event ziewer so here goes. As I mentioned I can only get the pc to boot in safe mode.

I checked everywhere I was suppose to. There was 1 error under the application tab and many under the system tab. I have done the best I can to try to relay these to you. And I aprreciat any help you can give me.

The first error, under application was this" content index on c;/system volume information/catalog.wci could not be initialized 3221225628.

Now under the application menu I have many but the first was this.
system start or drivers failed to load AFD, FIPS, INTELPPM,IPSEC, MRXSMB, NETBIOS, NETBT, RASACD, RDBSS, TCPIP, WS21FSL.

another error was DHCP client services depend on the SYMTDI service witch failed to start. The dependency or group failed to start.

TCP/IP ptotocol driver failed to start

and the last one I could find was.. /device/harddisk0/d. has a bad block.

So this is what I was able to find. I really hope this is what you were asking for. Just so you know there were no other errors other than on the date in witch this happened. Thanks for taking the time to read this, I look forward to hearng from you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:08 AM

Posted 27 February 2006 - 09:24 AM

harddisk0/d. has a bad block.

Get ready to install a new hard drive and reload a fresh copy of your op system.

Is that the complete list?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users