Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

problem with explorer 9 and flash

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 gregisle

gregisle

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:24 PM

Posted 16 May 2012 - 10:31 AM

Hi I have had to create a webpage that contains flash elements that are stacked on top of each other in div tags with div tags containing html code between and more flash at either side.

The problem I have is that every time the browser window is resized, the flash elements that are taller than wider, will resize. It appears to be happening on a per pixel basis.

this only occurs in explorer 9, firefox and chrome are fine.

I have tried fixing all the div tag heights and widths with css, also setting border to none and margins and padding to zero.

Anyone any ideas? I can post a url to demonstrate this in action

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 4dude

4dude

• Members
  • 578 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:24 PM

Posted 19 May 2012 - 03:04 AM

Welcome to our site!

Yes please provide a link and we can test it and maybe help you better :)

#3 ChelseaWoolf

ChelseaWoolf

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:24 PM

Posted 29 December 2013 - 11:12 AM

I'm sure everyone here is going to hit you with the same suggestion right off the bat: Stop using IE. Try this with another browser such as Firefox or chrome. Also try updating to the latest version of flash.

#4 KamakaZ

KamakaZ

• Members
  • 739 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:24 AM

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:34 PM

Some people do not have the option of using another browser, or updating IE. The company I work for are still using IE9 as there is problems with 3rd party web apps! (Don't get me started...)

A URL would be helpful if you are still having this problem :)

There's no place like 127.0.0.1
There are 10 types of people in the world, those that can read binary, and those who can't.

#5 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:24 PM

Posted 07 January 2014 - 09:42 PM

I'm sure everyone here is going to hit you with the same suggestion right off the bat: Stop using IE

Actually we try very hard to remove those sort of replies since they do not address the issue. My interpretation of replies such as those is that they tend to come from individuals with specific experience sets that are not as full as others. Professional organizations expect that their developers can cope with browser incompatibilities. Telling all of your customers that they can only view a site in Firefox or Chrome does not fit with that image, I think.

I would also venture to guess since this post is almost two years old, the OP has probably solved their problem. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users