My name is M-K-D-B
and I'll help you with the cleanup of your computer.Please be aware of the following:
- Please complete all steps in the specified order.
- Even if tools don't find malware, I want you to post the logfiles anyway.
- Please copy and paste the logfiles directly into your posts. Please do not attach them unless you are instructed to do so.
- Read the instructions carefully. If you have problems, stop what you were doing and describe the problems you encountered as precisely as you can.
- Don't install or uninstall software during the cleanup unless you are told to do so.
- If you can't answer for the next few days, please let me know. If you haven't answered within 3 days, I am assuming that you don't need help anymore and your topic will be closed.
- I can not guarantee that we will find and be able to remove all malware. Formatting is usually faster and always the safest way.
- If you decide to clean your PC, work with us until a team member tells you that you are clean.
- As my first language is not English, please do not use slang or idioms. It could be hard for me to understand.
Will that be the end of the matter and will upgrading to the pro version lessen the risk of an occurence?
We will need to run a few tools to get a better overview of your son's computer. Otherwise, it's difficult to say whether there is still Malware on this machine.
Although Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware is a good tool, none of these tools can detect and remove every kind of malware.
The pro version will include a realtime protection and can be helpful, yes. But there are other factors, like updated operating system and programs for example as well.Step 1
In a scan on my son's new laptop, a trojan agent has been picked up and removed by mbam.
Can you post the logfile that was created by MBAM? It may help us to get a little impression on what happens on your computer.
Start Malwarebytes' Anti-malware.
Click on the log tab.
Open the logfile in which MBAM reports the Trojan.Agent.
Copy and paste the whole content and add it with your next answer.Step 2I would like you to answer the following questions as exactly as you can:
What you should post with your next answer:
- How is your compter running at the moment?
- Do you have experienced any problems with this computer?
- Would it be possible to analyse your son's computer with the help of some tools?
- the logfile from MBAM,
- an answer to my questions,
- any further information that seems to be important in your eyes.