Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malware/Virus

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 laurenc92

laurenc92

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:24 AM

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:06 AM

Hello,

Wondering if you can help me.
I recently had the easya-z.com redirect malware which seems to have been solved.

However, now my email address keeps sending spam email and Windows Security centre keeps disabling.
I have also tried to download windows security essentials but something is stopping it from running.

How can I fix this?

Thanks
Lauren

Edited by hamluis, 16 May 2012 - 09:59 AM.
Moved from Vista to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,255 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:24 PM

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:33 AM

Check your sent and deleted folders in your email account and see if there are any there that you did not send or delete.
Using another computer, if available, change the password and all secret answers for the email account.

Run a scan with Eset Online Scanner while in safe mode with networking. Instructions are in link below.
Post the Eset log here if it finds malware. How do I run the ESET Online Scanner in Safe Mode with Networking? - ESET Knowledgebase
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users