Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hey everyone.....I'm new!! and improving!!!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 hiddenhand

hiddenhand

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 AM

Posted 15 May 2012 - 06:12 PM

Hello guys (and ladies),

I am new to the technical field. I just completed my second semester at a technical college, have absolutely no prior experience, and very little background with computers at all. I began an internship with a small (in staff) computer company that is growing larger (in business) every week. My boss is a VERY intelligent man with an impressive past. His expectations are a little high. He is not a fan of "hand holding", as he calls it. So, I am basically left in a room with broken machines and I am expected to know how to fix them with no guidance. I am a quick learner and have a good sense of troubleshooting, I just have zero experience and background. I joined this website seeking some insight on helpful tutorials, tools/utilities that can aid my struggles, and tips on troubleshooting. I seem to find myself at a loss of what to do sometimes simply because I don't know of certain methods or have never experienced certain problems. I am just still in the learning phase and my mentor does not seem to like that I am not as advanced as he. Sometimes a simple answer to a simple question is all that is needed to get me on a roll, I just need someone who is willing to answer it. So, I have come to learn the ways of the tech community in order to hone my skills and prove that I am able. I work hard to excel at what I do and I am determined to succeed! So.....hello community.....I am here to drink of your cup and, one day, to refill it for the next individual who thirsts for knowledge.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:17 AM

Posted 16 May 2012 - 07:33 AM

There are two things in abundance at BC---practical computer problems and solutions on the one hand, and a wealth of knowledge about computers on the other. Well, actually three things---the third is a very large number of people more than willing to share their experience and expertise in the many areas of computing. Please don't hesitate to post about a problem you are having or to ask a question.
Welcome to BC!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users