Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Slow computer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 anonomy

anonomy

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 PM

Posted 15 May 2012 - 05:09 PM

My main work computer is running Vista 32 bit version. Most everything is slow or impossible. I just tried to copy a program file from a DVD to my desktop - 11 hours is what it said. I tried to install the program from the DVD but it would start. It seems that Explorer is having or causing most of the problems. I can't get any work done. I've tried System Restore to no avail. Can anyone help me? Tom

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Artrooks

Artrooks

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 PM

Posted 16 May 2012 - 10:41 AM

Hello Tom,

If you keep the computer on all the time, sometimes a reboot improves system responsiveness.

• Has there been anything new (i.e. software, hardware, malware, error messages) just prior to this problem occurring?
  • What is the computer make and model number?
  • It might be helpful to get a better look at your system's hardware. See if you can "Publish a Snapshot" of your system using
    Speccy <----Directions (post the Speccy "link" in your next reply).

Regards,
Brooks

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,266 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:35 PM

Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:21 AM

Slow Computer-browser Check Here First; It May Not Be Malware - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic87058.html

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users