Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 sharing issue

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 occamschainsaw

occamschainsaw

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 PM

Posted 15 May 2012 - 04:57 PM

First post, so here goes:

Built a new computer about a month ago. Everything worked perfectly. Last week I started getting BSOD's. I quickly determined it was a bad RAM stick (thousands of errors in memtest86)

So I reloaded windows to make sure everything was clean (Windows 7 professional), and now I have a new problem:

I cant stream files to my other computers. Computer A is the one that I am working on it has all my videos music etc, it shows up on the homegroup in computer B and you can go into the folders and see the individual files but when you click play it hangs up, WMP or VLC will open but nothing happens except you get the green progress bar at the top. If you open a file from computer B on computer A everything works fine.

I haven't loaded anything on computer A except windows, I wanted to make sure that it wasn't another program causing the problem.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users