Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No sound from Asus Xonar DG card

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Buckmode

Buckmode

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:41 PM

Posted 15 May 2012 - 03:18 PM

Hello, all. I have recently installed an Asus Xonar DG sound card in an AsusTek P5VDC-MX motherboard, running Win XP (SP 3) with 1 GB RAM (yeah, I know it needs more). Before doing this, I disabled the integrated audio in the BIOS, or what at least seemed to be the Audio. The actual install went fine--the card fit in the slot OK, and the drivers loaded from the CD--but there is no sound at all, not even the Windows chimes. In Control Panel, under Sounds and Audio devices, the card shows up under Audio and Voice tabs in the Sound Recording and Voice Recording boxes, but under the Volume tab it says No Device and it doesn't show up in any of the playback boxes under the Audio and Voice tabs. I have tried moving the card to a different PCI slot, but nothing. In the Xonar program it is set for 2 speaker analog playback. I have tried using a different set of speakers, but again nothing. I looked at the driver on the Asus website but it is the same as what is on the CD. This is the second card I have tried--the first was a Diamond Xtreme Sound 5.1, but it had the same problems; in fact, I thought there was something wrong with it so I got the Asus card. I uninstalled all the Diamond drivers before working with the Asus card. Apparently (to me) there is a hardware problem but I don't know what it is and I can't figure out why there seems to be recording capability but not playback. Any assistance would be much appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 abauw

abauw

• Members
  • 951 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:41 PM

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:20 AM

Could you go to Device Manager click on View Tab then click Show Hidden Device and tell does any yellow/red/black mark on your devices?

:guitar: Take me to a place where time is frozen
You don't have to close your eyes to dream :busy:
You can find escape inside this moment :smash:
And I will follow  :whistle:

#3 Buckmode

Buckmode
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2012 - 07:45 AM

I'll try that, Abauw. I'm out of the office today so it may be over the weekend before I get a chance to work on it. Thanks for helping me.

#4 Buckmode

Buckmode
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2012 - 11:45 AM

The only thing showing a yellow mark is mnmdd under non-plug and play drivers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users