Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Kernel_Data_Inpage Error

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 supawiz6991

supawiz6991

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 PM

Posted 15 May 2012 - 01:04 PM

Hello,

I received a bsod with the following information:

KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR

***STOP: 0x0000007A (0xFFFFF6FC40036A80, 0xFFFFFFFFC000000E, 0xFFFFF88006D50000)

I rebooted the computer and upon restart a message displayed "Please insert proper boot media"

I then shut the computer off and checked the physical connections to the HDD and verified that they were connected. I then plugged the power back in and turned the computer on. The computer that loaded up the Windows System Recovery Options. I selected "Start Windows Normally" and the computer booted into Windows. I scheduled a Disk Check w/repair and rebooted the computer. As of right now the disk check is still running. I want to get some info from you to see what you think the issue could be.

This computer is only 8 months old. We bought 5 of these kits and this is the only one experiencing an issue.

Heres a summery of the computer:

Brand: Custom (Bare Bones Kit)

Mother Board: ASUS P8H67-M LE B3 Revision

Memory:4GB

Processor Intel Core i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz

HDD: Seagate Barracuda LP 1 TB - 300 MBps - 5900 rpm (I partitioned the hard drive into three partitions: 500GB for OS Partition, 150GB Scratch Disk Partition, 280 GB Storage Partition.

Graphics Card: GALAXY GeForce 210 Graphics card - 1 GB - DDR2 SDRAM PCI Express

Power Supply: Diablotek PSDA600 600W

I have also attached a image of the BSOD I took.

Thanks for the anticipated Help!

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_Xircal_*

Guest_Xircal_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 15 May 2012 - 01:12 PM

See this Microsoft article which explains the BSOD together with instructions on how to resolve it: Bug Check 0x7A: KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR

#3 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,589 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2012 - 01:14 PM

I typically avoid threads involving custom builds - just too many unknowns. However, let me say that if this is the first and only bsod, don't worry about it. If they start happening on a regular or frequent basis, then by all means post back and someone will absolutely help.

#4 supawiz6991

supawiz6991
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:34 PM

Posted 15 May 2012 - 01:26 PM

I've already gone over that article. Based on that information I wasn't able to find an exact cause. I'm leaning toward the HDD since when I tried to boot it after the BSOD it didn't detect a valid boot source. Like I said this computer is only 8 months old and should be experiencing hardware failure.

#5 supawiz6991

supawiz6991
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2012 - 01:30 PM

The is the second BSOD this computer received. I didn't get to see the other one because the employee rebooted the computer before I got over there. Custom Builds are not all that bad. These were actually bare bones kits I got from Tiger Direct. It gives a set of hard ware and you pick the operation system. I said custom because there is no brand so in a sense I guess it is.

#6 Guest_Xircal_*

Guest_Xircal_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 15 May 2012 - 01:45 PM

This article contains a much more comprehensive description of the problem which might help: http://mikemstech.blogspot.com/2011/12/troubleshooting-0x0000007a.html

#7 supawiz6991

supawiz6991
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2012 - 01:49 PM

I'll go ahead and run Debugging Tools for Windows and report back on my findings!

#8 AustrAlien

AustrAlien

Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6,772 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2012 - 07:21 PM

Let's collect some more information: I'll have a look at it and help you try to resolve the problem.

:step1: Please follow the instructions: BSOD Posting Instructions: Windows 7 - Vista

(Note: When you run BSOD_Windows7_Vista_v2.64_jcgriff2_.exe, it will also run autoruns.exe ... and both need to be in the same location!)
... with one exception in the following line:
  • "4. Zip up the entire output folder + PERFMON and attach the zip file to your next post."
The BC forums will allow a total attachment size of only 512 kb (and what you need to attach will exceed this limit). Please upload the zip file to a file sharing website of your choice and and post a link to it in this thread so that we can access your uploaded zip file. I will have a look at the contained information and see if I can shed some light on your BSOD issue.

See the suggestions in the following links for recommendations on file sharing websites:
  • http://lifehacker.com/388284/best-online-file-sharing-services
  • http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/15-great-free-online-file-sharing-alternatives/
  • http://www.smashingapps.com/2008/08/28/5-best-free-file-hosting-services-to-store-your-files.html

:step2: Please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy, and post a link to it in this thread.
  • It is a convenient and accurate way of providing us with details of your computer specifications.

:step3: Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.
  • Checkmark the following checkboxes:
    • List Installed Programs
  • Click Go.
    When the scan is finished, a text file will open in a Notepad window.
  • Copy the entire contents of the Notepad window, and paste in your reply.
    (Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run.)

AustrAlien
Google is my friend. Make Google your friend too.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users