Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

WİNDOWS 7 SYSTEM İMAGE RESTORE

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Julia G

Julia G

• Members
  • 138 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:26 PM

Posted 15 May 2012 - 08:22 AM

WİNDOWS 7 HOME PREMİUM X64 SP1

Hi guys,

i have recently taken a system image of my entire system,using Windows own.

İ would like to hear from anybody here,who has done

the same,AND restored the image successfully.

Any problems experienced?

Any tips?

Thank you :busy:

Edited by Julia G, 15 May 2012 - 08:24 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Artrooks

Artrooks

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 PM

Posted 15 May 2012 - 09:32 AM

Hi Julia G,

I have never performed a restore using the built in Windows 7 software but I have successfully restored my system with Acronis and Macrium Reflect (free version); other imaging products. That being said, I have also experienced a "corrupt" image file during a restore so I now make sure that I have at least two image files on hand for each imaging software in use.

When using Windows 7 imaging software to create a second system image it will by default overwrite the original image file, even if you are creating it on a hard drive with plenty of free space. There is a way around this I recently discovered. Below is a link to that topic. The original poster has successfully restored their computer using Windows 7 Imaging program. The secret to keeping multiple system images is to rename each Windows image folder after it is made. http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/161681-more-than-one-system-image.html

If you don't have a Windows 7 Installation DVD, I would recommend that you make a Windows 7 Repair CD if your system allows this (some OEM systems may not). Either the Installation DVD or the Repair CD will allow you to boot your computer and restore the Windows Image should the computer not be bootable or the Repair My Computer option not available.

Regards,
Brooks

#3 Julia G

Julia G
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 138 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:26 PM

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:27 AM

[quote name='Artrooks' timestamp='1337092361' post='2699723']
Hi Julia G,

When using Windows 7 imaging software to create a second system image it will by default overwrite the original image file, even if you are creating it on a hard drive with plenty of free space. There is a way around this I recently discovered. Below is a link to that topic. The original poster has successfully restored their computer using Windows 7 Imaging program. The secret to keeping multiple system images is to rename each Windows image folder after it is made. http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/161681-more-than-one-system-image.html

Hi Artrooks,

you must have read my mind,when you posted this(and we've never even met) :thumbsup:

This is what i was going to ask,to anybody who answered my post,turns out no asking was needed.

Thank you very much indeed for your answer and the links you provided.

Much appreciated.

You SIR deserve a medal.

Regards

#4 Artrooks

Artrooks

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 PM

Posted 15 May 2012 - 04:05 PM

I'm glad the link was helpful. Posted Image

Regards,