Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to transfer files to infected computer

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ClaraC

ClaraC

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:22 PM

Posted 15 May 2012 - 07:28 AM

Hi,

My computer appears to be infected with the S.M.A.R.T Repair program. I am trying to follow the tutorial. However, when I open my computer in Safe Mode I still cannot get on the internet. As suggested by the tutorial, I downloaded the needed .exe files onto a flash drive in order to manually transfer them to the infected computer. The flash drive icon does appear when I put it in my computer, but when I click on it and choose "open devices and printers," nothing happens. I am not sure how to access the files on the flash drive. Is there another way for me to do this?

Thanks for your suggestions.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jimbob85

Jimbob85

• Members
  • 308 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2012 - 02:54 PM

Does your flash drive show up in "my computer"? If you don't have Icons you may want to try this. Right click on the taskbar, Select toolbars, select new toolbar, select or map to your flash drive. Hope this helps.

#3 ClaraC

ClaraC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2012 - 10:28 PM

So much of my computer had been blacked out by the malware that I was not able to get to My Computer. However, I was able to access the drive by creating a new toolbar as you suggested. Thank you so much! I am very grateful for your help.

#4 Jimbob85

Jimbob85

• Members
  • 308 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2012 - 07:48 AM

Glad that I could help. If you need anything else please ask. Most of the time getting rid of this SMART crap is not to terrible bad, USUALLY! Best of luck!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users