Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Import Contacts into Outlook 2010

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ScooterMagoo

ScooterMagoo

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 PM

Posted 15 May 2012 - 06:39 AM

Hello,
The title would make it sound like a simple problem, but I can't figure it out for the life of me. Here is the situation. Last week a thunder storm blew through and sent a electrical spike through my protection and rendered my motherboard useless. My computer guy salvaged my data for all users from the drive. Once the motherboard was replaced, he had to repair the OS,(Vista). He then plopped the data into a folder on the drive. Now I just need to reload my programs and all that stuff. My question is this: I see the folder with all of my contacts in it. How do I get those contacts back in Outlook 2007? I tried the import wizard, but it seems that there is no option for importing that format. I looked at the properties of one of the contacts and it is listed as a .contact format. What is that? Any help would be appricated.

Edited by hamluis, 16 May 2012 - 10:03 AM.
Moved from Vista to Web Browsing/Email - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,602 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 PM

Posted 15 May 2012 - 06:52 AM

Did you save the original Outlook.pst file? If so, just replace the new one with the original.

#3 ScooterMagoo

ScooterMagoo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2012 - 08:26 AM

I believe I did. What folder is that in? Will that work in Outlook 2010 as well? Can I replace that file in 2010?

#4 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,602 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 PM

Posted 15 May 2012 - 12:45 PM

Do a search on the computer for the file.

#5 ScooterMagoo

ScooterMagoo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2012 - 08:00 PM

Looks like that file does not exist. I do have a folder called "Contacts" and all my e-mail contact appear to be in it. How do I get those into Outlook? Any idea?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users