Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Does Micosoft really use the information I send when I have an applicaion hang?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 PD!

PD!

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:04 PM

Posted 15 May 2012 - 12:24 AM

Whenever a program stops responding, the microsoft error reporting thing comes up. With blah blah blah, (App name) has experienced a problem and needs to close. Please report this. Send error report. Or whatever. And I always click send error report because it seems like they're begging me to... and sometimes I click on the 'more information about this error' link where i'm taken to the page that says it was an 'application hang'. For some reason I don't feel like they are using the info I send in the error report at all to try to fix wahtever caused the application hang. Do they? I'm just curious if anyone konws if microsoft really uses the information to try to make the software better.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:04 AM

Posted 15 May 2012 - 02:31 AM

Hi -
In most cases it is "Your guess is as good as mine", however they do claim to look at the issue to see if it is new.

But then when you GOOGLE issues like this, M/soft claims to use the information in their Update Patches - - -
This is why, even if you don't like it, it is always better to use the monthly updates, just to be sure -

Regards -

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,403 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:04 PM

Posted 15 May 2012 - 08:47 AM

Logically, IMO...they must.

It's impossible to document and correct any flaws at all in Windows...without feedback from users, IMO. Considering the rather vast amount of documentation, fixes, updates, etc. that Microsoft churns out regarding Windows situations...I would say that they would not request the data for any other purpose.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users