Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Smitfraud-c

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jpbc9999

jpbc9999

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:51 AM

Posted 26 February 2006 - 07:32 PM

I just posted this in the XP forum, sorry for multiple postings.

My problem is smitfraud-c. Spybot search and destroy detects 23 "problems" that it cannot fix.

I use ad-aware and spysweeper, with latest definitions and software releases.

Non of them seem to work.

The symtoms are harder to find. For a while I thought I was all set. Not so appearently. I dont use IE, but that is still somewhat hijacked. Mozilla isnt effected, so it seems. I think with IE its that I cant set my homepage. Just checked, thats fine.

Other than finding it in spybot, I cant tell its there at all.

I play games online, fps, and notice that im getting some lag. This may or may not have to do with it. Any suggestions would help, thanx.

Sorry for double posting.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 AM

Posted 26 February 2006 - 08:04 PM

Try this:
How To Remove The Smitfraud / Psguard / Virtualmaid
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:51 AM

Posted 27 February 2006 - 09:17 AM

What op system are you using and have you kept it fully updated before you got infected?

Does your av program scan your incoming (and outgoing) emails?

Once you remove the infection you have make sure your op system is fully updated, you run a resident realtime protection av ap that scans all email and attachments, and you have a sufficient number of anti-malware aps protecting your computer.

Come back after you get disinfected and we'll help you set it up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users