Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Download Any Files!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 lawrlawr

lawrlawr

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:15 PM

Posted 26 February 2006 - 06:27 PM

HELP!

Hey guys, starting this morning I can't download any files. Oh my, so I knew there was some form of spyware on my computer so i started downloading al lthese anti-whatevers and none of them worked. I found out i had the ngpw36(40).exe and killed it with killbot. But before that I system restored to a date where I haven't deleted off my anti-spyware things and now I can't re-uninstall them.. should I download them again? Anyways also, when i log on it says something about adprot... runtime error I think. Please help, I can't download anything!

Thanks,
Lawrence

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:15 PM

Posted 26 February 2006 - 08:23 PM

Do you have access to another computer?
You can download them, put them on a disk, and transfer them to your computer.
Run them in Safe Mode.
How to start Windows in Safe Mode

Suggested programs:
aČ free
ewido security suite
Ad-Aware
Spybot S&D

These 2, will help prevent spyware/malware from being installed in the first place:
Spywareblaster
SpywareGuard

When installing ewido security suite, under Additional Options uncheck:
Install background guard
Install scan via context menu

Important:
Please read this tutorial on Spybot S&D before using it. Spybot can do SERIOUS damage, if not used properly.

Helpful Tutorials:
Using Ad-Aware SE
Using SpywareBlaster
Using SpywareGuard
Using Ewido

If possible, run these online virus scanners:
http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/
http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

Also this online Trojan scanner:
TrojanScan
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 nigelfraser

nigelfraser

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:15 AM

Posted 02 March 2006 - 11:14 AM

Good adivce above all I would add is after running the checks you will certainly have a cleaner system.

Also download HJT Hijackthis and post a log for analysis to rid your machine of the lingering stuff. Do the other checks first though or it will cause delays getting your HJT log analyzed.

Make sure you have the latest version OF HJT which is 1.99.1 and run it from a permanent folder only. If it is in a temp folder it will not make any backups.

Good luck

:thumbsup:
There are no unanswered prayers but sometimes the answer is no.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users