Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

KERNEL32.dll was loaded, but the DllRegisterServer entry point was not found.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Laocakes

Laocakes

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:00 PM

Posted 13 May 2012 - 10:50 PM

Is the message I get after following DLL-FIXER.com's instructions on how to replace a missing .dll file, I want to use the DLL-FIXER program to possibly repair what other problems I have, I would love to play some of the games that I used to play before getting all these annoying errors.

I follow the instructions up until I get to this chunk:

4. If the problem still occurs, try the following:

1. Press Start and select Run.
2. Type CMD and press Enter (or if you use Windows ME, type COMMAND).
3. Type regsvr32 "filename".dll and press Enter.

When I do all of this, I get THIS error:

DllRegister Server may not be exported, or a corrupt version of KERNEL32.dll may be in memory. Consider using PView to detect and remove it.

OK.

When I do the research on this program, I become more and more afraid to use it myself, mainly because I do not have the knowledge how to work it, or edit or do anything associated with "PView".

Before doing all of this, I went into SAFE MODE and removed malware and two trojans from my system.
I have also used the SFC.EXE scanning, and it does not ask for the disk, as I had followed instruction (from this board) on how to override the "THIS IS NOT THE CORRECT DISK" error.

My COMPUTER OPERATING SYSTEM:
Windows 2000 Professional SP4

The Disk that came with my computer was WINDOWS 2000 PROFESSIONAL SP2.

Q) Why don't you upgrade to another Operating System?

A) Well, this computer was a gift from my parents, and my guess is that Windows 2k was a sufficient Operating System. If I am correct, the things I need to upgrade would be the disk of the OS that I want, but, when I did attempt to switch this computer over to XP, everything looked wonky and discolored/disfigured. So I just switched back to 2K.

In ending, I would love to have some guidance. /smile

Thank you!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 submarenuhon

submarenuhon

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:00 PM

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:55 AM

Is the message I get after following DLL-FIXER.com's instructions on how to replace a missing .dll file, I want to use the DLL-FIXER program to possibly repair what other problems I have, I would love to play some of the games that I used to play before getting all these annoying errors.

I follow the instructions up until I get to this chunk:

4. If the problem still occurs, try the following:

1. Press Start and select Run.
2. Type CMD and press Enter (or if you use Windows ME, type COMMAND).
3. Type regsvr32 "filename".dll and press Enter.

When I do all of this, I get THIS error:

DllRegister Server may not be exported, or a corrupt version of KERNEL32.dll may be in memory. Consider using PView to detect and remove it.

OK.

When I do the research on this program, I become more and more afraid to use it myself, mainly because I do not have the knowledge how to work it, or edit or do anything associated with "PView".

Before doing all of this, I went into SAFE MODE and removed malware and two trojans from my system.
I have also used the SFC.EXE scanning, and it does not ask for the disk, as I had followed instruction (from this board) on how to override the "THIS IS NOT THE CORRECT DISK" error.

My COMPUTER OPERATING SYSTEM:
Windows 2000 Professional SP4

The Disk that came with my computer was WINDOWS 2000 PROFESSIONAL SP2.

Q) Why don't you upgrade to another Operating System?

A) Well, this computer was a gift from my parents, and my guess is that Windows 2k was a sufficient Operating System. If I am correct, the things I need to upgrade would be the disk of the OS that I want, but, when I did attempt to switch this computer over to XP, everything looked wonky and discolored/disfigured. So I just switched back to 2K.

In ending, I would love to have some guidance. /smile

Thank you!

hi Laocakes :wink:

and though this thread of yours was posted way back in May 2012 ... but i just recently experienced or have the same issue on it too :dance:

my current OS is Win Server 2003 Standard Edition 32-bit and i tried to register the kernel32.dll after following instructions was given on this link: :busy:

My link

however, that's it! :blink:

same popup message came up :woot:

please help :huh:

cheers! B)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users