Yes the USB needed fornattiing.
Do you still need malware help?Next run MBAM (MalwareBytes):
to a flash,usb,jump drive or CD. Now transfer it to the infected machine, then install and run the program.
If you cannot transfer to or install on the infected machine, try running the setup (installation) file directly from the flash drive or CD by double-clicking on mbam-setup.exe
so it will install on the hard drive.
Manually Downloading Updates:
Manually download them from HERE
and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe
to install. Alternatively, you can update through MBAM's interface from a clean computer, copy the definitions (rules.ref) located in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from that system to a usb stick or CD and then copy it to the infected machine..
Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
and save it to your desktop.
Malwarebytes may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.
- Important!! When you save the mbam-setup file, rename it to something random (such as 123abc.exe) before beginning the download.
- Make sure you are connected to the Internet and double-click on the renamed file to install the application.
- When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- Malwarebytes will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.
- If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button and continue.
- If you cannot update Malwarebytes or use the Internet to download any files to the infected computer, manually update the database by following the instructions in FAQ Section A: 4. Issues.
Note: If Malwarebytes encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally will prevent Malwarebytes from removing all the malware.
- Under the Scanner tab, make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
- Click on the Scan button.
- When finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
- Click OK to close the message box, then click the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
- Make sure that everything is checked and then click Remove Selected.
- When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.
- The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab.
- Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows the database version and your operating system.
- Exit Malwarebytes when done.