1) McAfee is about the worst AV you can have. I would recommend uninstalling it and replacing it with ANY other product.
2) Delete all files in your temp folder.
3) Empty the recycle bin.
4) Reduce space allotted to the Temporary Internet Files folder
5) Reduces space allotted to System Restore
6) Use Disk Cleanup to delete all but the most recent restore point
7) Disable Hibernation
8) Check the size of your pagefile. If you have a lot of ram, the system managed size is probably larger than required.
If the free space continues to be consumed at an alarming rate, you may well be infected. You can also use treesize (http://www.jam-software.com/freeware/
) to see where the usage is.
Edited by Allan, 13 May 2012 - 01:18 PM.