Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

internet explorer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sniper8752

sniper8752

• Members
  • 383 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:03 AM

Posted 13 May 2012 - 11:01 AM

What is the difference between IE and IE 64-bit browser?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DonnaB

DonnaB

Bleepin' Ailurophile

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 2,424 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:03 AM

Posted 14 May 2012 - 09:04 PM

Hi sniper8752,

Internet Explorer has been available in 32-bit and 64-bit versions since Windows XP. Of course, you can run Internet Explorer 64-bit only on a 64-bit Windows. However, the 32-bit edition also works on Windows 64-bit. For instance, if you installed Windows 7 x64, you already have Internet Explorer as 32-bit and 64-bit installed.

While both browsers support viewing regular content regardless of if whether it was made on a 64-bit or 32-bit system, some content is not cross-compatible. Anything created using Microsoft's Active X framework, a technology similar to Java that can allow Internet content to interact with Windows, is only compatible with the corresponding browser. This means that 32-bit Active X content only works on the 32-bit browser, while 64-bit content only works with the 64-bit browser.

Although eventually all programs and hardware will be 64-bit, right now most programs are developed on 32-bit systems with 32-bit compatibility in mind.

You can read more in the link below:

Difference Between Internet Explorer & Internet Explorer 64 Bit

Hope that helps!

Donna :)

A cat named ugly

Proud parent of a young Man who devotes his life to the U.S.Navy

Graduate of GeekU Malware Removal training program

"To achieve the impossible, it is precisely the unthinkable that must be thought." ~ Tom Robbins

"Once I knew only darkness and stillness... my life was without past or future... but a little word from the fingers of another fell into my hand that clutched at emptiness, and my heart leaped to the rapture of living." ~ Helen Keller

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users