Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mobile Broadband connection error

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rukia99

rukia99

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:04 AM

Posted 13 May 2012 - 09:25 AM

Hi,

I hope this is the right forum. My XP machine can't connect to my usb mobile broadband. I have LAN network but the usb mobile broadband (usb dongle) is my back-up connection, so i need it to work.

Brief history: I was infected by a trojan/virus which affected my LAN connectivity (dhcp issue). A good advisor/mod from this forum helped me out. (here)

Now during the time i still had the infection, the mobile broadband is working alright. A few days after my issue was resolved, i tried the mobile broadband again and found that it's not working. The error i get when trying to connect is: "A connection to the remote computer cannot be established."

I've already done:
- uninstall the software that came with the usb dongle
- remove the 3g modem from device manager (and it reinstalled on reboot)
- reinstall the software
- disable any firewall
- checked another PC with the same running setup to compare.
Under Network Connections -> Dial-up, it has another device called "3G Connection" aside from the "Huawei 3G Mobile Broadband." Not sure if i need to add this and how.

I might just need to re-enable some settings? Someone please help me. TIA to the good-hearted soul.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2012 - 05:35 PM

Hi -
Can I please ask which Internet Provider your USB internet is with and how often do you recharge the account ? ?
Also what country you are currently in -

Thank You -

#3 rukia99

rukia99
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2012 - 10:39 PM

Hi, thanks for your reply. I am with Three Mobile in Australia. I know it's a usual suspect, but no it is not out of charge. I already tried the same usb dongle on another computer and it works fine. What else can i check?

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2012 - 11:46 PM

I am with Three Mobile in Australia.

Hi -
No problem, my similar mobile USB is with Optus, but it only played up once, so I needed to call them once and get the connection repaired
Trying to remember the steps, but it was about 2 years back now and from what I recall it was quite simple -
>>"Under Network Connections -> Dial-up, it has another device called "3G Connection"<< Unless you had a Dialup with them this should not be there

Have you given them a phone call - Call 3 Care on 133 320 (30cent call from a landline, or you can register via Online
I hope that you know that 3 is now part of Vodaphone (about 2 or 3 years now) so I am not sure who the 133 320 number gets you now -

Or try Vodaphone Support - Existing Customers1300 650 410 Technical Support: Mon to Sun 7am to 10pm No wait time
These people are specific to the program and may be quicker than waiting for several answers here, that may not workAlso HERE is A LINK To 3 Mobile B/Band FAQ

Hope these help but sorry I can't be more specific at the moment -

Good Luck -
EDIT - Repaired link -

Edited by noknojon, 13 May 2012 - 11:47 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users