Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Will windows 7 share video memory from my inbuilt gpu?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 FIFAguru

FIFAguru

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:45 AM

Posted 13 May 2012 - 02:54 AM

I have windows 7 professional 32 bit. I have a 814.2mb maximum memory of which 64mb is dedicated..
Im thinking of buying an external graphics card which will have 1024 mb dedicated memory....

My question is:
1.Will my OS share graphics memory from the inbuilt GPU?(Intel G41 Express Chipset)
2.If not from where will it share?
3. If i turn off aero effects,will i get full 1024mb for gaming?

MANY THANKS!!!!!!!!
Ill be happy if you answer questionwise..... Thanks for taking out your precious time for reading my topic....Best of luck...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Tek022

Tek022

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:15 PM

Posted 13 May 2012 - 04:32 AM

Tell us a bit more about your computer so we can talk about your situation specifically.

In general, when you install a new video card, all resources will go to the new one. Aero doesn't even make a high end card twitch, you'll have pretty much all of your GPU for use. Consider the rest of your computer when you get a new video card; will the new card create a bottleneck effect on the other parts of your system?

Also, you might want to consider getting some more RAM. It is highly recommended to have at least 2 GB when running Windows 7.

#3 FIFAguru

FIFAguru
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:45 AM

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:12 AM

My specs:
Pentium 4@3.0 Ghz
2GB DDR3 RAM
160GB HDD
814.2MB Max graphics memory Intel G41 Express Chipset
Gigabyte GA-G41 Combo

If you want more info,ill surely try out... Now Tek022 its your turn to help me again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users