Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DOWNLOADS

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 LOVEMYPC

LOVEMYPC

• Members
  • 661 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:35 PM

Posted 13 May 2012 - 12:35 AM

HI,This is something i have thought about now potential problem may have come up.
When you go to a web site and register,leave password and other login info. where doe's it go have tried
to do a search and came up empty,not sure where to look now,THANK'S

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 LOVEMYPC

LOVEMYPC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 661 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2012 - 12:38 AM

Sorry about the double post is there a way for me to remove of them,THANK'S

Mod Edit: I deleted the other topic opened - Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 13 May 2012 - 05:37 AM.

#3 Guest_Xircal_*

Guest_Xircal_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 13 May 2012 - 02:02 AM

HI,This is something i have thought about now potential problem may have come up.
When you go to a web site and register,leave password and other login info. where doe's it go have tried
to do a search and came up empty,not sure where to look now,THANK'S

The information is stored in a cookie on your PC and on the server you registered on. When you visit the site again, the server compares the information it has stored with the data in the cookie and if they both match, you can login; either automatically where you've authorised a "Remember me" option, or by logging in manually.

If you delete the cookie, the server creates another one the next time you login.

See also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_cookie

If you use Firefox, install this add-on which allows you to choose where you allow cookies: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/cookie-monster/?src=ss

#4 LOVEMYPC

LOVEMYPC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 661 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2012 - 04:40 AM

The main reason i was asking about down loads was i was on a web site logged in posted one post,then went back in later
and almost immediatly was banned,so i got the idea that i was hacked,in the post was explaining about a person i know
that got a loan modification paid 3months trial payments then had to come up extra money i was blocked right after that.

#5 Guest_Xircal_*

Guest_Xircal_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 13 May 2012 - 06:55 AM

The main reason i was asking about down loads was i was on a web site logged in posted one post,then went back in later
and almost immediatly was banned,so i got the idea that i was hacked,in the post was explaining about a person i know
that got a loan modification paid 3months trial payments then had to come up extra money i was blocked right after that.

Sounds like the site simply doesn't want you spreading that kind of information. Seems a bit unfair, but I doubt if you were hacked.

#6 LOVEMYPC

LOVEMYPC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 661 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2012 - 04:12 PM

HI,Xircal,thats what i figured as the person that started the site if you go a site called RIPOFF REPORT he has
quite a criminal history if you can believe whats on that site,THANK'S

#7 Guest_Xircal_*

Guest_Xircal_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 14 May 2012 - 05:02 AM

HI,Xircal,thats what i figured as the person that started the site if you go a site called RIPOFF REPORT he has
quite a criminal history if you can believe whats on that site,THANK'S

This guy sounds rather unpleasant. See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ripoff_Report

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users