Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Application has failed to start because its side-by-side

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 valianthunter

valianthunter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:16 PM

Posted 13 May 2012 - 12:18 AM

I have Windows 7 and I recently installed CCleaner and degragler and ran and re-ran then both. Since then I cannot get into Mozilla and I recently installed Trend Micro because my anti-virus was about to expire. The error message I get states:

C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Titanium\UIFramework\uiWinMgr.exe

The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detal.

Please help me.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:16 AM

Posted 13 May 2012 - 05:19 PM

From Microsoft this is their version of the problem -

Error message: "Side-by-side configuration is incorrect"

The machine is missing the correct C++ runtime components for your type of system. (x86 or x64).

Installing the following updates resolved the issue.

Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?familyid=A5C84275-3B97-4AB7-A40D-3802B2AF5FC2&displaylang=en

Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package for (x64)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?familyid=BA9257CA-337F-4B40-8C14-157CFDFFEE4E&displaylang=en

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=a7b7a05e-6de6-4d3a-a423-37bf0912db84

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x64)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=bd512d9e-43c8-4655-81bf-9350143d5867

Thank You -

#3 valianthunter

valianthunter
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2012 - 09:02 PM

Did as you asked. Did not solve the problem. My Toshiba Satellite laptop is one year old. Wicked slow startup. Tried TDSkill and MBAM to avail. I have been getting a message on Toshiba's bulletin board that my harddrive is about to fail. Have been getting this message since before Christmas.

Received the side-by-side message just after I put CCleaner on and ran and reran along defraggler. Got the message when I tried to get onto Mozilla. Then, when I put Tren Micro Maximum 2012 got the same message. Mozilla forum thinks it may be a virus? If so, how do I find out? I took Norton off to install Trend. Norton was about to expire in a few days. Feeling exposed.

Thank you so much for your help any other suggestions?

p.s. I took ccleaner and defraggler off.

#4 valianthunter

valianthunter
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2012 - 09:11 PM

FYI: Microsoft Visual C++2005 Residtributable installed 7/9/2011
Microsoft Visual C++2008 Redistributable-x64 9.0.3 installed 2/3/2011
C++2008 Redistributable-x64 9.0.3 installed 7/9/2011
Microsoft Visual C++2008 Redistributable-x86 9.0.3 Installed 2/3/2011
Microsoft Visual C++2008 Redistributable-x86 9.0.3 Installed 7/9/2011
Microsoft Visual C++2010 x64 Redistributable-10.0 Installed 5/13/2012

The above is how it looks exactly on my programs list.

#5 valianthunter

valianthunter
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  

Posted 26 May 2012 - 02:07 AM

this did not fix the problem, please help?

#6 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,851 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:16 PM

Posted 26 May 2012 - 11:56 AM

recently installed CCleaner and degragler and ran and re-ran then both

Did you run the registry aspect of this program? If so, I'd suggest doing a system restore to a point just before you ran CCleaner. Mucking with the registry is never a good idea unless you know exactly what you are doing. Even then, you should create a backup of the registry in case something goes haywire.

Orange Blossom :cherry:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#7 valianthunter

valianthunter
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2012 - 09:29 PM

Yes, I was assure that the registry cleaner wouldn't take anything essential out unless I told it to...I did not tell it to. I wound up having to have the system taken completely off and restored.

Thanks for trying though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users