Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Svchost.exe Application Error

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Ben Davis

Ben Davis

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:55 PM

Posted 26 February 2006 - 03:13 PM

For some reason during a bit of surfing the following error appeared -

Svchost.exe Application Error ..... The instruction at "0x77f69ecd" referenced memory at "0x00000010". The memory could not be "written"...... I reset the computer, but the error message appeared every time i booted into Windows.

If i click ok IE will stop working, before all the programs and eventually the computer freezes up. Another worrying thing is that i cant turn on my Microsoft internet firewall.

I've run several spyware/virus scans and only found one trojan.

Sorry forgot i'm not supposed to post hijackthis log on this forum.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Ben

Sorry this got posted in the wrong forum

Edited by Ben Davis, 26 February 2006 - 03:22 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,751 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:55 AM

Posted 26 February 2006 - 11:17 PM

Ben Davis,

Since you have posted a Hijack This Log, I would suggest that you wait until you get a response to the log before doing anything. Please be patient and someone will help you get cleaned up.

Be (Svchost.exe) Safe

Da Bleepin AniMod, Animal

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users