Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

All pages will get stuck after about 5 minutes

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 tdrolin

tdrolin

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:17 AM

Posted 12 May 2012 - 10:45 AM

hey,

JUst had my hard drive replaced and my internet browser is not working very well, sticks after about 5 minutes. I am running windows 7 and using explorer. Any ideas. Also my battery wont charge and it was working fine before I sent it to the shop. I had the hard drive replaced at a local shop, worried they may have done something wrong or under handed. any help is greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tdrolin

tdrolin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2012 - 02:41 PM

I have run all scan that I could mbam,spybot, avg. Run all the windows utility, updated things that needed updates that i could find, was using IE but downloaded firefox to see if that made a difference, did not. All other computer functions are running properly without freezing other than the internet. Scratch that the toshiba menu for the web cam will not go away and media player sticks on every movie or show played!

#3 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:17 PM

Posted 13 May 2012 - 11:23 PM

Did you consider a back job for the hardware problems you are encountering after taking it to a repair shop? Any defects after should be return for a minimal warranty. Have you tried running in safemode in networking to check on the difference? I would reinstall/update the network driver and remove both spybot and AVG and replace them with either a free Avast or MSE antivirus.

Tekken

#4 tdrolin

tdrolin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2012 - 08:38 AM

I did what you suggested, seemed to work for a while but its back to doing the same thing! I know its been a while but I am not using this computer all the time. Any other ideas for me?

Thanks,

tdrolin

#5 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:17 PM

Posted 31 May 2012 - 08:55 AM

Check the hardware temperature. Do you notice any hot air coming out on your laptop vents? If the laptop has some diagnostic testing features for the hard drive and RAM modules, please run them.

All other computer functions are running properly without freezing other than the internet

Make sure your computer is running on a single antivirus/firewall only. Check for any updated network card driver for your computer or if not reinstall it.

Edited by jhayz, 31 May 2012 - 08:59 AM.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users