Jump to content
Posted 12 May 2012 - 08:57 AM
Posted 12 May 2012 - 09:29 AM
Edited by Xircal, 12 May 2012 - 09:29 AM.
Posted 12 May 2012 - 11:32 AM
Edited by D808Centaur, 12 May 2012 - 05:39 PM.
Posted 12 February 2015 - 10:52 AM
My apologies for bumping this thread nearly three years after my last post, but I did say I would come back and tell people what I did!
The problem is that a 1TB drive uses Advanced Format technology, and the driver supplied with the Windows install disk does not support this.
Consequently you need to install a newer version of the driver BEFORE installing Windows.
1. Download the iaStor driver (in f6flpy-x86 for Vista 32bit) from the Intel RST driver page (see link below).
2. Extract and copy the driver files to a USB flashstick (or CD).
3. During installation, at screen "Where do you want to install Windows?", insert flash drive (or CD) and click the "Load Driver" control (bottom-right?)
4. Select the flash-stick/CD drive and the driver folder: the one suitable driver file will be listed.
5. Follow the instructions, and continue installation of Windows as normal.
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users