Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CTsvcCDA.exe has begun appearing in process list

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Quex

Quex

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:19 PM

Posted 11 May 2012 - 10:56 PM

For some odd reason, a process called CTsvcCda.EXE has started appearing in my system's process list. This has never shown up in my process list before in all the years I've been jinking around with this old desktop. Neuber et al suggest it has something to do with Creative Technologies media stuffs, either an MP3 player or something to do with CDs. Don't have an MP3 player, though. A search for the file shows it in two locations: C:\I386 and C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32.

Is this something bad, or did the machine just suddenly rediscover old software?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:19 PM

Posted 12 May 2012 - 01:43 AM

Description of File: ctsvccda.exe

Disc Detector from "Creative Technology Ltd". It detects the insertion of an audio CD into your multimedia drive and then launches Creative's player to play the audio

#3 Quex

Quex
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:19 PM

Posted 15 May 2012 - 05:57 PM

Description of File: ctsvccda.exe

Disc Detector from "Creative Technology Ltd". It detects the insertion of an audio CD into your multimedia drive and then launches Creative's player to play the audio

Yeah, I figured out that much on my own. Problem is I don't (or shouldn't, to my knowledge) have any Creative software installed on this machine. Inserting an audio CD only brings up the WinXP prompt of what to do with the disc, by the way... no player is launched, Creative Tech or otherwise.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users