Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

USB memory stick not working correctly

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Computer Paramedics

Computer Paramedics

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 AM

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:57 PM

Craziest thing, plug it into laptop it recognizes it no problem open up all the files are there, when i bring it to the desktop, it sees it but no files blank??

Also have an external hard drive, laptop recognizes it, plug it into desktop it doesnt even recognize it, it says
USB NOT RECOGNIZED!

Perry

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:37 AM

Posted 11 May 2012 - 05:13 PM

1. insert the flash drive into usb port
2. right click on "My Computer" > Manage - The Computer Management window popsup.
3. Select Disk Management
4. Locate your Flash Drive at the bottom where it starts with "Disk 0" which is your Hard Drive.
5. Your Flash Drive should say something like "Disk 1, removable", to the right it should have a blue line which means it's a primary partition.
6. If it has a Black line, then it means that the Flash Drive has not been partitioned. To fix this do this:
7. Right click on the black line. It should give you an option to partion it.
8. Go ahead and partition it to FAT or NTFS which ever option you can get or want.
9. Once it is finished, then you will be able to read and write from the Flash Drive.

Let me know if it does not work or if you are having problems.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users